|Title:||Industrial Maintenance Tech|
This large, growing Joplin based facility is in need of Industrial Maintenance Mechanics. Beginning pay on Day shift is $20.75, Night shift is $22.75. The qualified person for this position will maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of industrial machinery and mechanical and electrical equipment.
THIS IS A DIRECT PLACEMENT, NOT A TEMP TO HIRE.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Execute projects as directed by Maintenance Management
and Plant Operations.
* Maintain equipment and facilities with particular attention
to Food Safety including:
* Instrument calibration
* Maintenance of product contact surfaces
* Participate in Operations Food Safety Training
* Monitor food safety related instrumentation
* Work closely with Quality on development and
implementation of HACCP, GMP, SQF and other
product safety programs
* Ensures operation of machinery (both electrical and
mechanical equipment) by completing preventive
maintenance requirements on equipment motors,
drives, conveyor systems and various high speed
food production machines, following diagrams,
sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's
instructions, and engineering specifications;
* Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical
devices in operation, listening for problems and
using precision measuring and testing instruments.
* Determines changes in dimensional requirements of
parts by inspecting used parts, using rules, calipers,
micrometers and other measuring instruments.
* Adjusts functional parts of devices and controls
instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs and
* Controls downtime by informing production workers
of routine preventive maintenance techniques;
* Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop
instrumentation and equipment.
* Maintains equipment, parts and supplies inventories
by checking stock to determine inventory level;
anticipating needed equipment parts and supplies;
placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
* Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment
and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
* Provides mechanical maintenance information by
answering questions and requests.
* Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting,
analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops, reviewing technical publications and
establishing personal networks.
* Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting
and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by
complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related
results as needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Equipment Maintenance, Technical Understanding, Technical
Zeal, Deals with Uncertainty, Basic Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail, Flexibility, Supervision, Job Knowledge,
Extensive on the job training.
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, GED, OR RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE TWO YEARS
Must be 18 or older and able to pass a background and drug screen